Handling precautions of IDA electrode
The IDA electrode is a very sensitive product. Here, some advice for the preservation and handling of IDA electrode will be described.
Attention for receiving the product
After receiving the product, it is recommended to test the insulation between the working electrodes using a tester.
Attention for opening the package
- When you will take out the electrode from the package, catch with the fingers at the edge of the glass substrate or pinch the glass plate carefully with tweezers. Glass substrate could break easily, so keep away from excessive force and strain.
- Do not touch the pattern area of the electrode directly. If you touch the pattern area, it could be peeled or break out.
Attention for cleaning before use
- Do not clean in ultrasonic cleaner.
- Do not clean the electrode with strong acid or base solution.
- Do not clean in ozone cleaner.
- Do not scratch the electrode surface to avoid the pattern area conductivity break down.
- If you want to clean the electrode with organic solvent, only rinse with acetone or ethanol. Do not immerse the electrode in an organic solvent for long time to avoid peeling of the electrode pattern and passivation membrane.
Attention in measurement
- The electrode can not be used in high and low temperature.
- Do not use the electrode in strong acid or base solution.
- Do not apply excessive oxidation or reduction potential.
- Physical or chemical modification of the electrode will be for your own responsibility. We do not guarantee the electrode characteristics after modification.
- This electrode is assumed as disposable. Reuse of the electrode is not recommended.
Attention in storage
If long-term storage, put the electrode in the case. Store the case in clean space such as desiccator, away from heat and moisture.
Any defects in the appearance (ex: pinhole on lead area, burr of glass) without any influence to the measurement, are not covered under warranty.