- Compact design & easy operation
- Operable as RDE and RRDE
- Remote and manual controlled rotation and gas purge
- Allows remote control from the PC (rotational speed ON/OFF and gas purge ON/OFF)
- Rotational speed range 100~8,000 rpm (2000 to 3000 rpm or less is recommended when using DRE)
- Speed and purge time displayed by LCD display
- "Model name", "Enclosure version" and "Cumulative total rotation time of the motor" displayed by LCD display
- "Cleaning" and "Replacement" alert displayed by LCD display
- Gas line connector is available
- Purge valve timer control ON/OFF (can be set up to 9999 seconds)
- Cell lead connects to all potentiostats
- Open architecture for easy access to cell
- Shaft is completely insulated for the motor by coupling unit to reduce motor noise
- In the shaft assembly, the inner and outer tube is completely insulated by Teflon spacer to reduce noise
Improved point for Ver. 2.0
1. Model name", "Enclosure version" and "Cumulative total rotation time of the motor" displayed by LCD display
→ Initial display:
When the power is turned on, the model name and enclosure version and the cumulative total rotation time (Total) of the motor are displayed on the LCD display for 3 seconds.
2. Cleaning" and "Replacement" alert displayed by LCD display
→ Shaft assembly cleaning warning:
When the cumulative operating time of the motor exceeds 200 H, a warning message of cleaning the shaft is displayed at the initial display.
→Carbon brush replace warning:
When the cumulative operating time of the motor exceeds 1000 H, warning message of brush exchange is displayed at initial display.
3. Improvement of Bearing Assembly (from S/N: MB2XXX)
The bearing was renewed to a material with high corrosion resistance.
Renewed bearing assembly reduces the damage on the shaft assembly, and now you can use under a wide range of environments, such as fuel cell research.
The above bearing was specially removed, from the (Cat. No. 012625) RRDE-3A Bearing assembly and (Cat. No. 013607) RRDE-3A High corrosion resistant bearing assembly, for the comparison. Please note that it can not be removed in practice.
4. Improvement of Shaft Assembly (from S/N: MC2XXX)
The design and material of the shaft assembly was renewed!
The design of the previous shaft assembly uses a PEEK ring at the end of the screw (fixing ring), which limited the application field for your resistance to some chemical compounds.
Also the o-ring (black) had a short life time, when you use continuously without change, the deformation was clear, see the below comparative picture for the previous (left) and renewed (right) shaft assembly.
The updated (013643) RRDE-3A Shaft assembly Ver.2 (right) has an o-ring in Teflon material and almost the full shaft in stainless steel, including the fixing ring. And, the previous (012624) RRDE-3A Shaft assembly (left) had an o-ring in Viton and the PEEK fixing ring setting in the stainless steel shaft.