∗RE-7VN Non Aqueous reference electrode screw type was designed to be used in Allum / ALS brand flow cell, for this reason there is a possibility that it will not be compatible in another brand flow cell.
For apply in an organic solvent sample
Internal solution changeable
|013848||RE-7N Non Aqueous reference electrode||IPPG||SVC-2, SVC-3, VC-4, SBC Bulk electrolysis, RRDE, QCMT|
|013849||RE-7SN Non Aqueous reference electrode||IPPG||SECM|
|013850||RE-7VN Non Aqueous reference electrode screw type||Ceramics||Flow cell (Cross, Radial, EQCMT, SEC-3F)|
|Optional items (sold separately)|
|012108||RE-PV Preservative vial for reference electrode||For preservation of OD 6.0 mm reference electrode|
|012057||RE-7 Teflon cap with Ag wire||With Ag wire|
|012058||RE-7S Teflon cap with Ag wire||With Ag wire|
|012176||Sample holder dia 6 mm (2 pcs)||IPPG||For double junction, manufacturing of the electrode|
|012177||Sample holder dia 9 mm (2 pcs)||IPPG||For double junction, manufacturing of the electrode|
IPPG: Ion Permeability Porous Glass
Preservation of the electrode
- Fill the sample holder with an acetonitrile/0.1 M tetrabutylammonium perchlorate/0.01 M AgNO3 solution.
- Rinse the Ag wire with acetone.
- Keep the electrode immersed in an acetonitrile/0.1 M tetrabutylammonium perchlorate solution, with or without Ag ion (0.01 M AgNO3).
- Avoid the dry of the IPPG (Ion Permeability Porous Glass); glass, it could cause the crash of the IPPG; glass tip, caused by the salt crystallization inside of the glass. Make sure to keep the tip always wet.
- Before assembly the electrode, immerse and keep the IPPG; glass tip in an organic solvent for at least one hour.
- If bubbles are present around the IPPG; glass, remove with a slight tapping. Air bubbles will isolate, blocking the current flow.
- Use only high grade products and reagents.
- Wash with acetonitrile. Salt crystallization, in the inner side of the Teflon cap and at the edge of the sample holder, makes difficult the assembly.